But, while at the doc's office while I was waiting for things to process I was reading a magazine and this article caught my eye called "Changes in a century". In
1907 these are the things that happened;
1. The average life expectancy was 47, that would mean I would of been dying or dead by now.
2. Only 14% of all of the homes had a bathtub.
3. Only 8% of homes had a telephone.
4. There were only 144 miles of paved roads.
5. The maximum speed limit through cities was 10 mph.
6. The tallest structure in the world was the Eiffel Tower.
7. The average wage in 1907 was 22 cent an hour.
8. The average worker made between 200-400 per YEAR.
9. A competent accountant could expect to earn 2,000 per Year.
10. A dentist, would make 2,500 per year.
11. A veterinarian between 1,500-4,000 per year.
12. and a mechanical engineer about 5,000 per year.
13. More than 95% of all births took place in a home.
14. Ninety percent of all doctors had no college education.
15. Sugar cost 4 cents a pound.
16. Eggs cost 14 cents a dozen.
17. Coffee cost 15 cents a pound.
18. Most women washed their hair once a month with either egg yolks or borax for shampoo.
19. Canada passed a law that prohibited poor people from entering into their country for any reason.
20. Five leading causes for death were
1. Pneumonia and influenza
4. Heart disease.
21. The American flag had only 45 stars.
22. The population in Las Vegas Nevada was only 30.
23. Crossword puzzles, canned beer, and ice tea hadn't been invented.
24. There was no Mothers day, or Fathers day.
25. Two out of every 10 adults couldn't read or write.
26. Only 6% of all Americans had graduated from high school.
Try and image what it may be like in another 100 years !
They say that there will be computers that would drive your car for you in 10 years, what happens when the computer makes a wrong decision? a major lawsuit...
Subscribe to "When Life Becomes a Book"