Blogger Widgets When My Life Becomes a Book: Kitty story

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Kitty story

This morning I was awaken by kittens. They all have this pattern they do "all together now", they all take turn eating and using the litter box and last of course is "PLAY TIME"...all four skidding across the wooden floors, jumping off couches, chairs and anything high enough to jump off. I ended up getting up and grabbing all four kitties, two at a time and tossing them into the back room so they wouldn't wake up Ted (my boyfriend).

Ok, so it sounds mean, I couldn't catch the mama cat and it was a good thing because she caught a rat, YES...a "RAT" NOT a mouse this was a "RAT"...I was standing by the heater trying to get warm at 5:30 in the morning and I heard a "squEEK" "SQUEEEKKK"...and I went "EEEKK"...cause she caught it by her mouth by the rats neck and then she let it go, both the RAT and the cat were staring at each other eye to eye next to this milk crate, and I know the rat was breathing because it was close enough to me to see it as I was standing very still.

I was barely breathing (and so were they I think) just waiting for the next move when the RAT suddenly darted across TOWARDS ME...and I "eeKKed" again screaming for Ted (he was in the bathroom and came out). The RAT ran under the heater into the hole in the wall and I jumped up on top of the chair "EEKK" and the cat darted towards the heater and then it was a cat and rat chase it was finally over with...

Well Ted said "I guess will we keep that cat" "its earning the food we feed it".
Later on I went back over to the house to clean the litter box and feed and water the cats, blow dry my hair and straighten it too. I opened the door so the kitties can venture outside and meet the older wild cats. They seem to like it the two males names are Omally and boots, they were the brave ones and the other gray fat kitties names are chubby, and mitzy. Then I went inside after cleaning the cat box to set the chair by the window for them, three of them got up there to view the scenery.

After this weekend they have to feel comfortable enough to stay out and become outdoor cats with the wild cats, thats what Ted wants and just have one indoor cat which will probably be the mama cat because she trying to catch the rats.





Add to Technorati Favorites




Subscribe to "When Life Becomes a Book"