Blogger Widgets When My Life Becomes a Book: My faults

Saturday, February 9, 2008

My faults

Misunderstanding people, I can never understand why people try a figure other people's troubles or problems. Why must we judge one other and just accept us for who we really are, instead of trying to change them. Misunderstanding people are just as bad as judging. I accept my faults and my addictions and I try hard to understand them by praying and meditating. I feel like the most people that judge others are our parents, when we need our parents, they simply do not accept you for who you are.

I find myself occasionally judging my kids, and the one lesson in my life is not to judge, change or misunderstand. Criticizing is also a fault of mine which I am also working on. I have many faults I try and work on daily to correct them.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr







Add to Technorati Favorites
Subscribe to "When Life Becomes a Book"